carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

someone has locked my nexus seven and now my screen is asking

Customer Question

someone has locked my nexus seven and now my screen is asking for a digit password XXXXX i do not know. how do I recpir this?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

The password XXXXX be removed by performing a hard reset, this will remove the pin also will restore the nexus to factory settings you WILL LOSE any data on the device. Data stored in your google account online will be restored after the reset.

1. If your tablet is on, power it off.

2. Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.

3. Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.

4. Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.

5. While holding down Power, press Volume Up.

6. Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press Power to select it.

7. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press Power to select it.