Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Repair computer hardware, phones, tablets, televisions, game consoles
62924203

My NExus 7 will not take a charge and I have been advised that

Customer Question

My NExus 7 will not take a charge and I have been advised that there appears to be something loose inside. I need to send it back to be looked at - where would you suggest?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name is Thomas and I'm happy to help!

1. Make sure there isn't lint or other foreign objects in the port, which can cause the cable to feel lose, as described in THIS VIDEO. I would try and use canned air to dislodge any foreign material.

2. Connect the charger and hold down the power for 30 seconds. This can sometimes 'force' the device to boot and clear up any battery lock ups.

If this isn't the case, please reply with the approximate day of purchase.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have done as you suggested. Is there any light that should come on when it is charging or any way of telling that it is.

My husband purchased the NEXUS for me for my birthday in April, but we cannot trace where he got it from. It was certainly new and cost approx £245

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Zee,

The warranty on the device would have been expired. Still, contact Google at 1-855-836-3987 and ask about repair services or trading your Nexus for a discount towards a new one.

I would go straight to Google for help before consulting third party repair services.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your advice. You will appreciate that it does not solve the problem, so although I am willing to pay a fee, I feel £22 is too much. What do you suggest?