Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My sky remote wont work the sky box but it still works the

My sky remote won't work the sky box but it still works the television
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Sorry for delayed reply.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your Sky box so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug Sky box power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check remote function?
- Do the control buttons on Sky box work?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I noticed the problem yesterday evening, and the sky box power cord was plugged out all night last night. The control buttons on the Sky box are working, its just on the remote control.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Thanks James for the reply.

Since remote works with TV but not on Sky box that means remote sensor on Sky box isn't working to receive remote control signals, remote sensor on Sky box needs to be checked and replaced to resolve the problem.
I'm sorry for that news, remote control itself seems fine because it works with TV, Sky box works with own control buttons then bad remote sensor is the only reason for this problem that should be checked.

Is it possible to check your Sky remote on another/ nearby Sky box?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome James.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.