Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a hitachi tv less than 1year old serial number v13a37244

Customer Question

I have a hitachi tv less than 1year old serial number v13a37244 which will not turn on. Sometimes the red standby light will come on apparently randomly then if you try to use the controller to switch it on it will come on after a while. Recently it has not even done this.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Hello, My name is Aric and I will be glad to assist you.

Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi aric, I think the model number is L32HK04UL
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.

Was this set purchased less than a year ago from an Authorized retailer?

Also, if I understand you correctly, the set was taking longer and longer to turn on, and now it is not even turning on- is that correct?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it was bought from Argos. No we went away for a week on holiday and when we came back it wouldn't turn on. It then became extremely temperamental, sometimes turning on after many attempts, turning it on and off, unplugging it etc. now we can't seem to get anything out of it, not even a standby light
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the reply and unfortunately there are no resets or quick fixes for this problem.

You have a failure within the Power Supply board of the TV.Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets.
Seeing as you are barely into owning the set, you should contact the retailer and you will need to ask them where the closest service location is to have the TV repaired. I wish I had better news, but there are no buttons you can press to fix this and the TV will require service at this stage.
If you need further assistance, let me know.

If not, please do not forget to rate my answer.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you and see If you've received all the information you needed. If not, feel free to reply back to me and I will continue to assist you. Best regards, Aric