Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I bought a Panasonic ES-RT53 electric shaver

Customer Question

I bought a Panasonic ES-RT53 electric shaver from Argos on 4/12/2012. I am disappointed that I'm now only getting 2 full shaves & it goes off during the 3rd shave, so needs recharging. In addition, the LCD panel will not read less than 60%. I seem to taking a longer time to shave, but the handbook states that the inner blades should not require replacement until used for 2 years, whereas I'm still in the 1st year! Another lesser point is that the cleaning brush has worn right down, but I can't locate a retailer who sells them. Where can I obtain one, please? Could it be that my shaver is below par and therefore needs replacing under guarantee, as it is under a year old? Yours truly, XXXXX XXXXX

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.

Hello Patrick,

Welcome to JustAnswer!

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to answer your question.

As the shaver is under a year old, it should be replaced under warranty, as the battery should definitely last for more than 2 shaves. You should get 45 minutes usage after 1 hour of charging.

You can return the shaver to the retailer (Argos) who will then take it up with the manufacturer (Panasonic).