*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

SAMSUNG LED TV DOES NOT SWITCH ON

SAMSUNG LED TV DOES NOT SWITCH ON
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Ian,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Samsung LED TV.
I am sorry to hear this happened to your TV. You can try leaving the tv unplugged from the wall outlet for five minutes and then hold the stand by power button on the tv down for 60 seconds then try powering on again. However, from what you are describing this sounds like there is a very good chance that the main power supply is defective, When this happens the tv will get power to the power supply causing the "tick" sound every few seconds but the power supply will not transfer enough voltage to to turn on the tv. So it will tick again and try to power on again and again. To be certain you will have to test the power supply. This will require removing the back panel and testing the main boards with a volt meter.