Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

My Apple 60GB MP3 Player has frozen in the middle of playing

My Apple 60GB MP3 Player has frozen in the middle of playing a film leaving a black screen with the audio sound bar at half way, top left hand corner the 'play' arrow ans in the top right the battery silhouette in white with black filling showing 'full'. It will not obey any commands including trying to turn it of.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 3 years ago.

Hello Adrian! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried this: press & hold the power on/off button for about ten seconds, then turn it back on and check? Is it able to turn off that way?

If it does not work, can you please let me know the exact model of your Apple 60GB MP3 Player? Please click on the website below to see all the model names:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you very much,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did try holding down 'off switch' but no reaction at all. I believe I have an Apple IPod 5th Generation 60GB (my guess from the looking at the website).

The model no is A1136

EMC No 2065

Srl No JQ547ZM0SZA

Thank you. Please try:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Tip:If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep. Try resetting the iPod while it is connected to power.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The holding down the Centre & Menu button worked. It now happily switches on and off as well appearing on my PC when plugged in. Just the job.

Thank you very much. Great Service.

You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please rate my service above? Thank you very much