Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The rewind button is stuck for the cassette player on my sony

The rewind button is stuck for the cassette player on my sony CFD E95L. can I fix it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Have you tried to press nearby buttons that might help to release stuck button?

Please post back how it worked.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried pressing other buttons. When I press doen the FF button the stop button will release that but no the RW one.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Katherine for the reply.

- Are all buttons look straight in line or any one bend?
- Have you repaired electronics stuff previously if you want to repair it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Other than the stuck button (>>), which is down, the record button is not quite in line.

I have not repaired electronics previously but could follow instruction or give it to an engineer friend of mine. I notice some screws in the open tape compartment and wonder if I should undo?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.

I can provide you disassemble procedure of this player off of related service manual but rest would be your own expertise/ skills to handle it and to determine what is causing that button to get stuck.
Please post back if that helps to proceed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I realise that the manual is available. yes give me the relevant bits so that I can tackle it.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.

Sure Katherine, please give me few minutes to upload related pages, will get back to you shortly with download link.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to go out. can you email this to me please?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.

Sure, please post back when get back so we can continue it to give you download link.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am back

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Hi Katherine,

Please check following link to download complete service manual copy that is uploaded for you, please confirm after downloading the manual that has detailed exploded views of disassemble procedure, schematics and part numbers list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ir72hoxelp4tx0h/CFD-E95L%20987706203.pdf

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

should I undo the tape deck and hope the button releases?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.

Yes, please go ahead and try that as we have no other option and player doesn't worth to send it in repair shop as repair may cost more than new player price.

Did you check disassemble procedure mentioned on page 7 and onward?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hooray. Undid 4 screws and manipulated to release buttons.