Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Bravia TV ,bought 2008 and kept in our front room lounge. Hardly

Customer Question

Bravia TV ,bought 2008 and kept in our front room lounge. Hardly used. Switched on today but can only get ITV, and similar channels, How do I tune to get BBC and other channels.

The TV is in different room to computor.

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 3 years ago.

Not sure exactly which model you have but this manual is for a 2008 Bravia:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4114592411.pdf

Pg 6 describes how to auto-tune the TV, but in summary:

1. Press -/-
2. Press up/down arrow to select Antenna or Cable
3. Press -/-
4. TV starts searching for channels
5. Once complete, you have the option to sort the channels, but you don't have to.
6. Press MENU to exit.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for delay but I had to go out before you sent an answer. I just couldn't find the manual you show apart from something which appeared to be in Russian and so I logged off. Even-so I tried to follow the points 1 to 6 that you list but couldn't get started, eg What does -/- mean, there's nothing like that on my control!. I rather hoped you would take me step by step through what I had to do, and now I've lost heart. My son will come tomorrow to help and if he is not succesful I will call in a local person to help.

Hi John,

If you could provide the Sony Model number I'm sure I could be more specific.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am pleased to say your reply guided me some way insofar as I eventually traced the manual supplied when we bought the set. I found a similar section to the one described by you, and, after a lot of fiddling about, the programmes magically appeared. All now seems to be in order.

I fear the writers of the manuals think that everyone that buys these sets have a far higher IQ than me. Thanks for your time and help but I can't give a report any better than OK and trust you will understand.

Hi John,

That's fine, glad to hear it's all working now.

Best Regards,