Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Watching the football & the picture is a shade of blue n green.

Customer Question

Watching the football & the picture is a shade of blue n green. And a bit fussy
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Component cables -- If one cable is "slightly unplugged" the whole picture could be Off-color. Is this the cable type you use on your Virgin box to deliver the picture to your TV set??

How about SCART ? That cable separates the color, and you could have a bad wire on your Scart causing bad color.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Still nothing after checking the leads n scarts

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Which type of cable are you using on your Virgin box? Component or Scart?

If it's Component....even though the cable LOOKS connected, give each plug a "PUSH in" on both ends. I've had some that look connected, but after reseating the connectors, they work correctly.

On SCART...I usually try another Scart cable that I know works correctly. That's about the only way to know if a scart cable has a broken wire in it or not.

If you have any other equipment connected to your TV set, like a DVD player or game, I like to see how the picture looks on those units, so I know if the TV is bad, or one of the cables, or the problem is actually in the Virgin box or not.