Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How do I change the time on my television

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to assist you further.

- Can you please get the model number written on back or side of your TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TX32LZD81

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Patricia for TV model info.
Please give me few minutes to research, get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for waiting, have you tried to restore default settings in TV to get auto-setup option (firs time setup when TV is out of box) to see time and date input option?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I restore default settings....and auto set up?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Please push Menu button on TV remote then select Setup > Shipping Condition > OK to initialize all settings in TV to restore factory default settings.
Once initialize process finished, unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 5 minutes, replug back in and turn it On.
Auto Setup screen will appear and TV should ask various inputs like channel tuning etc, please make sure to select HOME when ask in setup.
Please post back, do you get time / date setting option during that setup?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did that twice...it went into auto set up but no time setting came up

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to hear that, I do not see any other option in TV to set time and first time setup could be an opportunity to set time but it didn't have any.
Please post back do you want me to open the question for other expert's input on this issue or want second opinion?
If so, please do not rate the answer and leave it as it is.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry about that too......will give up now and think about it tomorrow....don't want to try anymore.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

No problem Patricia, please take your time.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I get a refund as you have not solved my problem? Have tried the bit marked do you want a refund but page unavailable!! Also do not want to sign up for monthly advise....this was a one off.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Patricia,

I can forward this question on your behalf to customer service to process refund. Will it be OK for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Shahid that would be very kind.....also tell them that I would have rated you high if it had worked....not your fault.....but you have been so helpful and quick.....will possibly have to call a bloke in to set me up again or buy a new TV. Thanks for your help and sorry it did not work. AM going offline now....am fed up with going up and down stairs!!!!

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your kind words, I tried best, XXXXX XXXXX I had better news about TV issue.
Question is being forward to customer service for their action.

Looking forward to your next visit to JustAnswer.com

Shahid.