*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a Samsung RV511 laptop with a 4400mAh battery. I have

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RV511 laptop with a 4400mAh battery. I have bought a 7800mAh battery to upgrade but when attached I keep getting a warning window saying it is not the correct battery etc. What changes can I make to the laptop to make it compatable?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
My name is Randy, I will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that happened, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Samsung Battery Manager.

Uninstalling Samsung Battery Manger

To uninstall Samsung Battery Manager, follow these steps:

1. Save and close any application/software that you are using.
  2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  1. On the Control Panel dialog, click Add/Remove Programs.
  2. On the Add/Remove Programs dialog, click Samsung Battery Manager, and then click Remove.
  1. On the Add/Remove Programs warning dialog, click YES.

Installing Samsung Battery Manager

To install Samsung Battery Manager, follow these steps:

Important: Notebooks that do not come with a Samsung System Software DVD can download and install Samsung Battery Manager by visiting the Download Center. Click here to go there now or click the Downloads tab on the previous page where you selected Troubleshooting.

1. Insert the Samsung System Software Media DVD into your DVD optical disk drive. The Samsung System Software Media software runs automatically.
  1. Click Custom Installation, the installation dialog opens with pre-selected Recommended Items checked.
  2. Click the selection box next to all of the pre-selected items to uncheck them.
  3. Note: The pre-selected items will be Windows common patch(es), and Windows security update(s). If you see the following dialog, click OK each time it appears.

1. Click the selection box next to Samsung Battery Manager to select it.
  1. Click Install Now! the Installing dialog opens showing the status of the installation.
  2. Note: To stop the program from installing, click Stop Installation.

1. Click Yes on the System Software CD dialog to restart your computer and finish the installation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My new battery is not attached at present. At what point do I attach it. Should I do it before removing Samsung Battery Manager.

Attach the new battery and then uninstall and reinstall the battery manager. Let me know if you need anything.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Battery Manager is not listed therefore I cannot uninstall it.

okay, try installing the Battery manager from this link> PLEASE CLICK HERE<
Then choose your operating system next to the Battery manager download.
Hi Tom,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going?
If you need more assistance please let me know.

Randy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy,

I am sorry I haven't replied sooner but I have been away for the weekend. I am afraid there has been no change. I have downloaded Samsung Battery Manager with the new battery installed & then restarted the computer but I am still getting the "Easy Display Manager - Battery Warning" which says the following -

"Battery Life Time in current state is not longer.

Because you may loose your data during using, please replace to new battery (honest goods)

Tip> Battery Pack is Consumerable device.

This pack is not working correctly or life time is not longer,

please use to replace to new battery (honest goods)"

The battery I purchased was from Amazon and is not a Samsung battery, but the computer works fine apart from the above warning..Can you advise any further please.

Tom

okay, try this next please>
  1. click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Batteries category.
  3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .
    WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
  4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes.
    Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have uninstalled Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery as you suggested, but it has not resolved the problem.

I am sorry about that. Unfortunately those are the only options available. I have had this same problem on a few other computers that just willl not accept the generic(off brand) battery. Some will only accept the OEM battery.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for trying. Can I have my payment refunded please.

Thanks. Tom

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay. Please remember I did my best to help under the circumstances. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied. >PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A REFUND<