Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

i bought a samsung tv.bought a wireless lan adaptor wis12abgnx

Customer Question

i bought a samsung tv.bought a wireless lan adaptor wis12abgnx my tv says its connected to internet but i dont no how to get on it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Usually if you are connected the the internet, the FREE applications listed in your Samsung applications can be selected, and start in about 30 seconds. That will prove your apps have "connectability" to the FREE servers, which actually send the information to your TV set's wireless lan adaptor.

Free apps would most likely be News, Sports and Weather based apps.

BBC News is one that's free, as is MSNBC or CNN apps. ESPN should be free too. Just select one of the Icons, not the Settings shown in the picture.

Next level is SAMSUNG apps, which is available through Samsung's servers only.

To get to those, you actually have to use your computer, select Samsung's website, create an account with Samsung, then on your TV set, you have to sign in using the same user name and password XXXXX created on your computer. At the bottom of the picture above, you see that LOGIN (red button) setting? That should be on your Smarthub page (seen above)

See picture --

graphic

Lastly, there are PAY SITES. You have to go to your computer, go to the pay site, create a user name and password XXXXX Then pay for the service using a credit card.

Then you have to keep that site active on your computer. Because NOW you have to access the same pay site with your TV set, go to your computer to ACTIVATE your TV's connection to the site, (activate devices setting on your computer) then get the CODE showing up on your TV screen, and type it into your computer !

All that does is SYNC your account at the site, using the computer, the router, the TV set TOGETHER so no one else can steal your account, or use it at their home.

So....for starters, lets just see if one of the NEWS sites on your Samsung connects with no problems. It's the easiest way to make sure your TV set and router are actually connecting to the outside servers first.

Then we'll connect up to the Samsung site next.

Then we'll connect up to one of the Pay Sites lastly.

Last note...I haven't seen a Samsung TV set require a Wireless adaptor since 2008 or 2009. Everything newer is built in wireless. And earlier models never had internet for video, they only had wireless for firmware updates or USB updates. A TV model number verifies what the TV is capable of.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

That isn't an answer. It's a starting point to retrieve more information from you, like the TV's model number.

I do need to know if you have the right model of USB adaptor too. WIS12abgnx may be correct, but there is another model that works on other TV models.

And Free websites let us know if your TV actually has a good working internet connection that can transfer information in both directions, not just "connect to the router".

I was just trying to give you information and get some feedback from you to isolate your problem in more detail.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have wireless connection on tv its connected i dont how to go into menu on tv to use it

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
i have a samsug tv ,it says on the screen that im conected to wireless internet,i bought a usb antenna for it wis 12abgnx,i dont no how to go into menu on tv to use the internet thanks
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 3 years ago.

Could you provide the Samsung TV model number please?

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
still waiting for answer
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

The expert has asked you for your Tv's model number, can you please provide it so he can provide assistance?
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

You should find that model number with that picture.

You get to the area where you can access internet apps, etc as follows:

MENU → Application → Content View → [email protected] → ENTER

Pg 48 of this manual describes the functionality available and how to set it up in detail:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201009/20100906141458921/[UC7000-NA]BN68-02627A-07L03-0903.pdf

Is there a specific application you want to use?

Best Regards,