Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Kodak Easyshare C143. I have been unable to download

Customer Question

I have a Kodak Easyshare C143. I have been unable to download pictures to my
DELL Dimension 5150 via DELL printer Photo 944. The printer keeps telling me to
"format the card in the digital Camera", as the memory card formatting is not supported !
I have tried downloading so many drivers - nothing works. The Kodak App programme on the computer no longer works (it used to).
Help please.
Kind regards,
Mchael Kensington
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac is on the computer?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy,

XP

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Do you have a card reader on your computer or a usb cable for your camera?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a USB cable, I think it may also have a card reader ) a small slot above a larger one ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Yes that sounds like a card reader we can actually use either to move the pictures to the computer.
I would recommend the card reader as they are usually faster and more reliable.
Let me know which you would prefer to use the reader or the usb cable and I will walk you through it.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, for the first time I've noticed where the card is ! Didn't have a clue until now ! !

OK let's Go with the card - sorry I am a luddite and am not up to speed on recent innovations !

Yes please go with the card.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Don't worry if you get stuck at all click on reply to expert and let me know so I can clarify anything for you.
First remove the memory card from your Camera and then insert it into the slot.

After a few seconds a window should pop up with some options asking you what to do.
In this window click on open folder to view files.

Inside this open the DCIM folder and all your pictures will be there.
From there you can move them anywhere you want to, if your not sure how just let me know.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy,

I inserted the card contacts down

It says "memory card problem" - the attached device is not compatabile. Please disconnect and consult the device manual" a message I've had from the very start of this problem !

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is not good, please put it back in the camera and see if you can view the pictures on the camera.
What you are describing is a corrupted memory card which we may not be able to recover images from.
Let me know if you can see them on the camera or not.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Freddy, they are all there.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok instead of using the card reader please connect the camera with the usb cable to the computer instead of using the card reader.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Comes up :- "Only one device or media card is allowed. Please remove all device(s) and card(s).

Only the USB cable is connected - no card in the printer.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is very odd it should detect that way.
Let's try using a forced recovery option to get them from the card reader and then you can format the card to get it working.

Download and install recuva from here: Click Here
Once installed put the memory card into the slot and ignore/close the error message.

Click on next and then on pictures and click next again.
Click on media card or ipod and click on next.

Put a check in the enable deep scan box.
Then click on next and if it is able to recover the photos they will show up after the scan.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay Freddy, I had to go to hospital following a bad fall.

The Printer (DELL Photo 944) - shows - back to my reply 6.45am yesterday, shows with nothing in the Pictbridge or memory card slots. ???? I've re-loaded Printer progamme by disc supplied by DELL - no change.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I hope you are ok, and I was referring to a card slot on your computer not your printer.
.