Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

my ue55d8000 wont power up

Customer Question

my ue55d8000 wont power up
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

The most important part is checking your TV's power on light...does it light up when you press the power button?

If it doesn't, then we need to check your power supply's STANDBY voltage to make sure it's providing power to the Main board where your microprocessor is. The micro sends a PSON power on command back to the power supply to make all the other voltages on the power supply turn on.

So you may need a voltmeter to test those. On certain TV models, if I just unplug the cable that connects the power supply to the main board, the Power supply voltages will turn on.

Newer models have a tendency to turn on by just unplugging that cable.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will remove the rear panel to access the circuit board and report back

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no response to removing plug CN201

Any further suggestions?

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Well...either a relay click or the power light illuminating /responding to power on would have helped, as much as unplugging the connector. But we get no response from all of them, so it is highly likely we have no Standby Voltage to get that micro up and running.

That's when we check the power supply board with a voltmeter to verify it's being created by the power supply.

You have any hardware/lumber yard or maybe Automotive stores in your area to get a voltmeter?