Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a Sony Wega TV. It is over ten years old and the picture

Customer Question

I have a Sony Wega TV. It is over ten years old and the picture is still brilliant. The width however has become too wide for the screen. I have tried all of the menu options on the remote control without success. Can you suggest a solution for the problem.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for stopping by:

Please reply with the exact model number of the TV you have.

Also, what type of signal are you getting.... freeview, Digital converter box, cable box, or satellite box?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi bluext89,

many thanks for your interest in my problem and apologies for the delay in responding to your request for further information. Now for the embarrassing issue. The problem I have discovered, was due to the conflicting settings in the extension box which supplied the cable signal. and in the TV itself. The screen width were both set at different parameters.

I do not know how I stand with regard to the £22 I have deposited with you but if it is possible I would like that returned to my account please. One thing I would say is that I am impressed with the way your system operates and I would not hesitate to contact you again should I need to.

Regards Alexander