bluextc89
bluextc89, Repair & Installation
Experience:  7+ Years Small Business Owner - Certified Sales And Service of Electronic Items for Home and Vehicle.
22516588

My 40" lcd tv not working power up red light on click sound

Customer Question

My 40" lcd tv not working power up red light on click sound ON and OFF i try to open on the back and change capacitor on the power supply two 2200mf 10v 105temp to 2200mf 16v but still not working. pls. help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for stopping by:

What is the exact mocel number of the TV?
This can typically be found on the manufacturer's tag on the back near the mains cable.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model: le40r87bd

model code: le40r87bdx/xeu

digital 40"hd ready lcd tv

purchase date01/05/2008

pls. tell me if every time i reply your msg. and answer my question is there's a charge? or will stop this.

thanks

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
You have set the value of the question. The charge to your account is like a bank deposit. It stays in your account until you release it upon a satisfactiory answer/result.

There are no additional "charges" to continue replying to this thread.

Is this a Samsung branded TV?

Do you have a multimeter handy to take a few voltage measurements, if necessary?

What I would first like you to do is to isolate the power supply.

Disconnect the power cables to any other board in the TV, and then try to turn it on.

What happens?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i'm using my multimeter fluke supply votage is fine from source 230vac. disconnect all input of my tv only power lid remain try to switch power ON on the mains red light plasses on the start button and sound click and that the sound before when start but I did not press anything it just turn by itself but the sound ON and OFF and nothing happen on the screen. I change capacitor twice 16v and then 25v 2200mf as what I think. but no result.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if you think you know what's the problem just tell me straight away. if not i will stop now

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if you think you know what's the problem just tell me straight away. if not i will stop now. the reason i change the capacitor there's a sign of damage the capacitor and i went maplin to buy. and also i search in the internet is the same that says the capacitor is faulty. i have feeling the power supply board. but i'm not expert thats why i ask.

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
What I wanted you to do, is isolate the power supply from all the other boards INSIDE the TV.

Unplug all wiring harnesses going to other boards (like inverter, TCon, etc) and try turning the TV on.

If the Power supply does not shut down (some will not even start in this condition) - you have to look at another component being the culprit.

These newer sets have multi-layered boards that are difficult to repair, and by your description, it appears there is some other component on the power supply shorted out, causing the capacitors to fail. Besides testing every component on the power supply with an o-scope... the easiest repair would be to swap the power board with an identical part number. Many times, on boards with inverters on the power supply, a bad inverter may cause this issue as well. If your inverter is located on the power board - yet another reason to exchange it for a new one.

If you have additional - Just Ask.

Thanks!