carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I sent you a report on my Kodak Hero 5.1 printer/scanner yesterday.

Customer Question

I sent you a report on my Kodak Hero 5.1 printer/scanner yesterday. There was a paper jam which I pulled out of the back of the machine apparently quite in the usual way. However the printerhead has remained on the far right (llloking from the front) while the message calls for the removal of paper obstructions althoguh that seems to have been done
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

Did the piece of paper you removed come out in one whole piece? The smallest bit of paper could affect the paper sensor and stop the printer from working.

I would suggest looking in the printer with a torch and check there are no tiny bits of paper anywhere. If you have a paintbrush you could brush the rollers and sensors to ensure they are free from paper dust. If you have access to a can of compressed air or a air line both are very good for cleaning dust from printers.