carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

My Pioneer DEH X6500DAB appears to have gone mute. Also when

Customer Question

My Pioneer DEH X6500DAB appears to have gone mute. Also when I set up the radio and then switch off the ignition and then go back later and switch the radio back on. The device has to set up all over again!!!!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

I would suggest to check the fuses. Car radios have two power feeds one is a red wire which is connected to the ignition of the car and this wire is what allows the radio to turn on and work. The second power lead is a yellow wire this is connected to the battery it is a permanent 12v feed to keep the radios memory alive with time and radio presets.

I think there is a problem with the yellow wire, it could be it has just blown a fuse.