info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician
18621325

Sky+ box. Following a power cut I have lost Sky+ functions.

Customer Question

Sky+ box. Following a power cut I have lost Sky+ functions. I can still get all the channels. But when I try to access any of the Sky+ functions, like pause, record or planner I get the following onscreen message - A Sky+ error occurred. Press SELECT to restart. Press BACK UP to continue without Sky+ functionality. I can get the channels without Sky+ when I press BACK UP. But if I press SELECT the system closes down and the box won't switch on again for hours. When I eventually get the box to switch on again it displays the same message all over again. How do I get the Sky!+ box to unfreeze and restore Sky+ functionality?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Is the box your own one now ?

Have you tried a full reboot by unplugging it from wallpower waiting mins then replugging back in again?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. A number of times. Each time I do this it takes hours to get the box to unfreeze and come back on again.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Is your TV OK with other inputs like freeview or a dvd player?it definetly is the box?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it's fine with everything else.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ray

The software has been hit in the box probably due to the interruption if your lucky the unit may upgrade (if it hasnt upgraded already)so try this>>>

http://snag.gy/mp41v.jpg <<<click

Let me know if you have problems
Anthony