Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a Panasonic TH-37PX7B plasma TV which I have linked

I have a Panasonic TH-37PX7B plasma TV which I have linked to a sky+ box. Some time ago I found that I could not change the volume using the sky remote. I thought this was a fault with my sky box. I have installed a new sky+ box today but I still cannot control the volumn with it's remote. I have followed the instructions and spoke to the sky help desk. We have tried to sync the hand set but whilst I can change channels and do everything else, still no volume control. The Panasonic hand set does not do it either, although I am not linked to a normal aerial. Is it a fault with the tv? Can I get it fixed easily.If so where? If it costs- it costs. I just don't want to keep getting up to change it.
Thanks in anticipation.
Keith S
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

XXXXX XXXXX :

Do you know which code you are using in the Sky + remote?

Customer:

yes, with the old sky box it was 0051. with the new one it is 1664. We also tried many others. I'm beginning to think the problem is with the tv.

XXXXX XXXXX :

OK, that's the code for the latest version of the remote, Version 9 (Rev9) - is that what you have?

Customer:

Yes. That's what it says on the remote.

XXXXX XXXXX :

OK

XXXXX XXXXX :

Do you have a VCR or DVD player attached too?

Customer:

Yes I have a DVD player. Not always on.That remote works when I have it on with a DVD in.

XXXXX XXXXX :

If you have a DVD playing can you use the Panasonic remote to change the volume then?

Customer:

Don't know. I have always used the DVD remote. I can try it

XXXXX XXXXX :

Lets try please

Customer:

No. Panasonic remote doesn't work

XXXXX XXXXX :

It might be worth a try resetting the TV to factory defaults

XXXXX XXXXX :

In case something has got 'confused'

XXXXX XXXXX :

Seems strange that just the volume doesn't work form the remotes, although it could be a specific part of the electronics that's at fault

Customer:

Can I do that? The tv does not work until it goes though the sky aerial. I'm having a senior moment. I can't find the sky remote now! Am looking!

Customer:

Found it!

XXXXX XXXXX :

Yes, I don't thine there's any harm in resetting the TV and its settings

XXXXX XXXXX :

think

XXXXX XXXXX :

Using the Panasonic Remote its Menu > Setup > Shipping Condition

Customer:

Sorry, if I seem stupid. How do I reset it? do I turn of the sky? then what?

XXXXX XXXXX :

No, just resetting the TV itself

XXXXX XXXXX :

XXXXX XXXXX :

It will default all the setting back to as they were when it left the factory

XXXXX XXXXX :

It might just get the volume control working again

Customer:

No I'm sorry. I may have more than one problem here. Without the sky on my tv says ' No DVB available, check source' Well I dont have an aerial without going through sky box. Also panasonic remote will not work, even with another set of batteries. An old Panasonic remote will switch the tv on but only to the above message. sorry to be such a pain

XXXXX XXXXX :

If you press Menu on the Panasonic remote does that bring up a list of options?

Customer:

No. Nothing happens Maybe I need to indent for a new Panasonic remote first. I think we have reached an impasse here, But thanks for trying anyway. Next stop new tv?

XXXXX XXXXX :

I'm happy to continue if you are?

XXXXX XXXXX :

I'm wondering if these are the right Panasonic remotes for the TV

Customer:

Yes, much appreciated but what you ask of me I cant do. Very difficult for you to sort that out though.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Juts to check, can you tell me what model numbers are on the back of the Panasonic remotes please?

Customer:

new one( one that doesn't do anything ) EUR7651110 old one for tv dvd/video is EUR7615K80

XXXXX XXXXX :

EUR7651110 is definitely the right one for this TV

Customer:

Yes but I think the battery connection is shot. Spring is virtually non existent. So I think I need a new one, although this has been hardly used. Even then it might not work so I think we'll leave it there. Thanks for trying

XXXXX XXXXX :

Ok Keith, all the best with it and merry christmas