Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a FUNAI DRVR-B778S dvd/vcr Combi. Recently a background

Customer Question

I have a FUNAI DRVR-B778S dvd/vcr Combi. Recently a background tinge of pink appears on all DVDs and tapes played on it. Can you suggest a solution, please? Many thanks.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and welcome. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the player. Unfortunately, if this is happening with both dvds as well as vhs tapes, it would tend to indicate an internal hardware defect (a failure within the electronics).

Really the only practical steps you can take yourself are to check that the connections are secure, try a different set of cables, or a different type of connection. For example if using component video (red/green/blue) switch to the composite (yellow) connection instead.

If the problem persists, it can really only leave the possibility of a failing video signal output circuit. Because of the nature of this type of machine, repairs are simply not practical. You'd easily spend 200+ on repairs, while you can buy a new machine for under 100, which would be the more practical route. If it comes to that, and unless you are needing to dub from tape to dvd or dvd to tape, you'd be better off with separate systems, as it will keep the cost down considerably, and individual components are less prone to failure.