Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How do I get my samsung tv to recognise all the av connections?

Customer Question

How do I get my samsung tv to recognise all the av connections? For example, when I connect my dvd player VIA HDMI2 it says no connection please check.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- What is the model number of DVD player?

That info will help to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

samsing bd-f5100

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

samsung bd-f5100

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Derek for the reply.

- Have you tried to connect BD player directly in TV HDMI input?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I tried that and then the tv failed to recognise that connection!

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, please turn Off BD player, unplug HDMI cord, turn it On and take out any disc in player.
Now press and hold STOP button on BD player front for 6 seconds to restore it to default settings.
Replug HDMI cable in BD player and check. (please connect BD player directly in TV)

Do you get BD player default/ setup screen in TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am happy to try this - are you suggesting that the bd player has not started up correctly? If this works should it continue to work via the switch box? Final question - why does the tv fail to recognise the connection - is that caused by the player?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
If BD player is sending out higher resolution video signal to TV that it couldn't process it then it will display error message 'no-signal' etc and restoring default settings in player would help to send low resolution signal from BD player to TV to get HDMI connection established then BD player adjust the resolution automatically depressing on TV specifications.

Once you get BD player functional on direct HDMI connection in TV then try it with switch box.
If your TV has 2 or more HDMI inputs then I would suggest to hook BD player directly in TV to avoid any communication issue.

Please post back how it worked.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good evening Shahid, rather belatedly here is the result of your advice - a perfect result, everything works perfectly (although I need to check that my games console still works but I don't expect problems). Thank you for the clear and simple instructions on what to do - my wife and I had read and re-read the instructions which came with the dvd player but there was nothing on what to do if the connection failed. Once again, thank you

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Derek,

Good evening!

Glad to know that I was able to help you in BD player setup and all is set at your side.
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.