Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Hello,I hope you can help.I purchased a Panasonic DMR-BWT735

Customer Question

Hello, I hope you can help. I purchased a Panasonic DMR-BWT735 (S/N: VW3EA002198) with the intention of transferring video footage to DVD from my old Sony DCR-PC1E digital mini cassette camcorder (S/No:(NNN) NNN-NNNN. As this was my first DVD recorder, I practised successfully with transfers from my Panasonic HS80EB-K (S/N: E1HE00033). Unfortunately, despite buying various connecting leads and scart (21-pin) adapters, I have been totally unsuccessful in even playing the footage through the DVD recorder, never mind being able to copy anything to disc. Can you offer any help please? Many thanks Alister Clark  P15 of the instruction booklet says "you cannot connect this unit to DVI devices that are incompatible with HDCP" I hve no idea what this means but is it the root cause of my problem?

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alistair,

When connecting using a SCART lead are you using the lead which came with the camcorder with a 21 pin adapter?

Have you tried setting the AV setting to Ext Link?

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Richard
Had to buy scart socket today.
had looked at Ext link - it was on standby - but had tried both on and off. What I had not noticed was a "choice" switch on the scart adapter!
Just tried it and it has worked.
Sincere thanks
Alister

Hi Alister,

Glad to hear its all working.

All the best,