SkillJim
SkillJim, Customer Service
Experience:  Can help with any electronics questions, from technical to general information.
74775890

My nikon D3100 is showing Lens not attatched and only working

My nikon D3100 is showing Lens not attatched and only working on M
Category: Electronics
Expert:  SkillJim replied 3 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for contacting us today! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to help you with your camera!

The message you are receiving is because the camera believes that no lens is attached. We can determine whether the problem lies with the lens or with the camera itself.

Try cleaning the contacts and reattaching the lens. There may be oily deposits on the contacts that you can clean by using something like a clean cotton cloth.

If that doesn't work, you could try a different lens to see if you are receiving the same message.

Once you have determined whether it is the lens or the camera itself which is the issue you would need to send whichever part is broken to Nikon for repair.

I hope my information is useful, and if you would be so kind as to rate my service below that would be brillant.

All the best!