Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

My Onkyo TX SR 605 has the DTS light flashing constantly. This is cutting off the sound but not the picture on SAT/Cable setting but DVD setting is working fine . I do have the sound but no picture on DOCK setting!! .Any explanation ?/
Category: Electronics
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Adam ,Thank you for this ,yes please carry on looking . I can wait a bit longer.

Cheers

Daniel

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're having with your Onkyo.

Can you please tell me if you've tried swapping HDMI ports between the DVD and the Cable Box to see if the issue follows the SAT port, or the SAT box?

If not, that is the first thing that I would try. If we find the issue follows the SAT box, then try switching out the HDMI cable between the SAT box and the receiver.

If the problem follows the port, then it's possible the Onkyo's processor has glitched, and in that case you'd want to disconnect the receiver from power for 10 seconds and plug it back in, to attempt a reset.

Once you've tried these steps, and IF you're still running into issues, simply reply back and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Aric,

Thank you very much for your assistance. I have tried everything that you have suggested. I have ensured that I have followed the Hook-up process from Onkyo. I have swapped and changed two HDMI leads at a cost .Still no success. I decided that I will take it to Onkyo Swindon in the new year and make a decision to either repair it or buy another brand (Yamaha).

Has "Justanswer" has not been able to solve my issue ,Am I entitled to a refund of my £ 22 ?. I am not unsitisfied with your services and understand the complexity of the problem but I am still with an AV/Receiver in no working order.

Kind Regards

Daniel XXXXXXX

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. I know that the site doesn't guarantee a fix, but does guarantee satisfaction. So if you'd like, you may keep this deposit on file for a future question, or I can submit the question for a refund for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Aric ,

I Am satisfied with your service, and totally understand that in this instance the problem was not solved .Nothing to do with you ,but obviously something which will have to be dealt with " physically". So as I said I will take the AV to Onkyo repair centre and take it from there.

I would prefer to be refunded of my £ 22.

Daniel XXXXXXX

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply Daniel, and I will submit this to the Site Administration for a refund.