Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

my 50" Samsung plasma TV was switched off at the mains while

Customer Question

my 50" Samsung plasma TV was switched off at the mains while it was still on, when power was reapplied we cannot get it to power up.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

There's a couple things I would want to check.

First would be the LED labeled power on the TV. If it lights, then we know the power supply has standby 5 or 3.3 volts (depends on the TV's actual model number and the TV's age)

Next, the age of the TV (actually just getting a digital photo of the entire TV chassis) can tell us if the TV's Logic board is designed to allow the power supply to turn on and it has what we call a HEARTBEAT LED mounted on it. That heartbeat led is more helpful than a logic board that doesn't have one. Age comes into our plan of action.

So, let's start with the model --

Then a picture of the TV chassis --