carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

My samsung tv screen is flickering,how can I fix it?

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

Please could you let me know the model number of the tv?

Does the flickering happen on every channel/input.

Sometimes flickering on a hdmi channel is caused by a faulty hdmi lead.

JACUSTOMER-3wezdcfs- :

ue32c5100

JACUSTOMER-3wezdcfs- :

flickering on all channels

carlday1 :

Does the screen go dark like the backlight is turning on or off or is the flickering more like coloured flashes

JACUSTOMER-3wezdcfs- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-3wezdcfs- :

looks like going on and off

JACUSTOMER-3wezdcfs- :

but difficult to say which

carlday1 :

does the screen go completely dark? Do you ever get a no signal message on the screen.?

Sorry for all the questions

JACUSTOMER-3wezdcfs- :

no not going off just constant picture flicker

carlday1 :

It could be a number of things causing the problem, are you looking to fix the tv yourself or would you like me to recommend a local engineer to look at it for you.

carlday1 :

I think the problem could be the main signal board or a board called the tcon board the tcon board it a board connected to the lcd panel. It could also be the lcd panel.

JACUSTOMER-3wezdcfs- :

is it a simple fix or what do you suggest?,Obviously i dont know anything about tvs

JACUSTOMER-3wezdcfs- :

think I will have to resort to a local engineer

carlday1 :

I think a local engineer would be the best option I can talk you through things to try but you will have to buy boards and board swap and this can work out expensive. If I was 100% sure what it is I would suggest you swap the board yourself but because I am torn between two boards it will be better you take it to a local engineer.

carlday1 :

Some engineers may not charge for quoting or only charge a small inspection fee. If you send me the first part of your post code I will see if I can suggest a local engineer for you. I am a member of a trade forum with other engineers

JACUSTOMER-3wezdcfs- :

ok I will resort to to a loca lguy, I will find one myself,sorry you could,nt help me

carlday1 :

I have just been doing some research on your fault and I am afraid it looks like it could be bad news many engineers on the forum I use have seen many of the Samsung UE range of tv's have failing screens in them. I personally have not seen it but many other engineers have.

I am afraid that if it is the screen it will cost more than the tv is worth to repair.

I am sorry I cannot help you more I can opt out for other people to offer there views.

carlday1 :

I am sorry you have rated me as poor service I am afraid I cannot suggest anything else. I can open the question for other experts to offer their option or I can send this to customer service for you.