okay, thank you. Try updating the Nuvi with the WebUpdater.
If you are not using the WebUpdater program, that is what should be used to check the unit. Please see the instructions below to do that.
The preferred way to update the Software in a Garmin device is by using WebUpdater.
WebUpdater is a free application that can be downloaded and installed on your computer. It will guide you through the process of updating the software for your Garmin device. WebUpdater can be run at any time to check and install applicable Software updates in a Garmin device.
Starting at the WebUpdater page: (http://www.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp)
- Plug your unit into the computer via the USB cable
- Click on Download under step 1
- Select the appropriate version of the WebUpdater based on your computer's operating system
- Click I agree to the above terms and want to proceed to the download page
- Click Download
- Select Run when the pop up box appears
- Select Run if a message appears asking "Do you want to run this software?"
- Click Next when the WebUpdater installation page appears
- Check the box to accept the licensing terms and select Next
- Select Done to complete the WebUpdater download
Once WebUpdater is installed on your computer, select the application, if it does not automatically open, to run the program and follow the prompts.
- Select Next on the WebUpdater Wizard
- Select Find Device and Next
- Select Next to update the unit software on your device and follow the prompts
Once you have run the software updates and updated your device, you will be prompted to search for additional updates. To load any additional updates, check the box next to the specific updates you wish to download. Select anything that relates to firmware, GPS software, traffic, vehicles or voice language relating to the versions you use. Once selected, click next and check the agreement box. At this point the updates will run directly to your Garmin device. Once the update is complete you will see a box showing the downloads and if they were a success. Click finish and unplug your Garmin from the computer to allow the updates to load. Once the update(s) are loaded, your device will return to the normal agreement screen and it will be ready to operate.