Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

Samsung TV Model UE22D 5003 BW. TV does not turn on ?

Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with TV.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Does power light on TV turn On when TV power cord plugs in wall socket?
- Do you have voltmeter and can check standby volts (could be 5V DC) on power supply board in TV?
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Was there any storm in area that might caused this problem in TV?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Power light on TV not on when power cord pluged into wall socket. tv is approx.one year old. No storm in area. Where can 5volts DC be measured on power supply board ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where can the 5 volts dc be measured on the power supply pcb. I have no diagram.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
By communicating better
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Are you still under warranty by chance? I see that you stated that it was about a year old.

If not, look at the capacitors on the Power Supply Board? Do they look flat or are they bulging?

The Power Supply should state which pins are what on the Output connector. Place the black lead anywhere on the metal chassis then take the red and check every wire going out from the Power Supply. If you do not have your 5VDC then the Power Supply is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Normally when you have no signs of life it's either a loose plug or faulty Power Supply.

Best Regards,
Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience: 13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I always knew the problem was in the power supply.I am a long since retired radio and TV engineer not really up to speed with current equipment.I just thought I would try JUST ANSWER with their modern day experts who might have guided me to a component fault in the power supply.If that is not possible then I will have to opt out,as I am a pensioner and have to be careful with money.
So are you looking to attempt a repair on it? I'm assuming that's why you came here correct? If it's just a couple of bad couple caps, it would be a cheap fix but we need to do some tests to know for sure.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your reply Carl,if you need to do some tests hopefully I will be able to follow you. Regards Raymond.
Ok, how do the Capacitors look on the Power Supply Board?
Also, can you check the Power Supply Board and give me it's part #?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All capacitors look fine,no bulging.Label on power supply pcb reads Model PD22AO-BPNV Code No.BN44-00467A DATE 2011.06.16.There is also quite a long number below bar code which reads SEC/N;CN07BN4400467ASK28C672448RC. Hope this helps.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX exactly what I needed. These Power Supplies are surprisingly really cheap ($35.33).

If you're good with a volt meter, place the ground lead somewhere on the metal chassis then place the positive lead on pin 11 then 12 and see if you have your 5.3VDC. If it's not there, the issue is with the Power Supply and that's a good thing as it's the cheapest to fix / replace.

I made a custom diagram with the voltage ratings to help you out here:

graphic

The connector that you need to check is marked in red. Let me know what you get.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No 5volts dc onpins 11and12 on output connector.Obviously the power supply is faulty. f
Did you want the location of where you can purchase a replacement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES,Ilive in Northern Ireland i

Ok, you can get it cheap here: http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00467a-power-supply-backlight-inverter.htm. I use Shop Jimmy personally and have never once been disappointed.

They ship internationally too so there will be no problems getting it to you in Ireland.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANKS for your assistance CARL,I would recommend you.
You're very welcome and I really appreciate that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Received power supply PCB to-day,fitted and TV working perfect.Thanks once again.

Great!!! Glad to hear it and you're welcome.