*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Hi, I have a samsung ue40es8000 television and I cannot get

Customer Question

I have a samsung ue40es8000 television and I cannot get a picture. The blue samsung logo light comes on all the time even after unplugging and plugging back in. It will not switch off on the button at the rear and there is a clicking sound coming from set. I have umplugged the 5:1 home cinema kit, the satellite receiver and the ethernet cable from the television but still no joy. I wonder if you could possibly help if there is a reset/quick fix solution? The tv sometimes gives either a green solid bar at the top of the screen or a multi coloured flickering screen though is usually blank with the clucking sound.
thank you
shaun
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shaun,
My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Samsung TV.
This sounds like the power supply on your tv has failed. There is a very good chance it is the main power supply is defective, This will require removing the back panel and testing the main board with a volt meter.