*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Hello - I cannot connect my Sony Bravia TV through HDMI to

Customer Question

Hello - I cannot connect my Sony Bravia TV through HDMI to ipad or ophone - the HDMI is not an option, not ANY HDMI on the TV - Greyed out and can find no way of making it appear
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.

My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

If you are already using an Apple HDMI AV Adapter and it is not working click on this link to see if your iPad or iPhone is compatible.> NOT ALL IPADS AND IPHONES ARE COMPATIBLE>PLEASE CLICK HERE<

If you are not, then you will need a Digital AV Adapter, this provides HD video and sound, as well as mirroring, through a single HDMI cable.
Then plug the Digital AV Adapter into your iPad dock connector port, and then connect an HDMI cable from the adapter port to the HDMI input on your TV.

To connect an iPad mobile digital device to a TV, Apple recommends the following optional cables:

• Apple Component AV Cable

NOTE:The Apple Component AV Cable, is required to playback high resolution and High Definition (HD) videos.

• Apple HDMI Adapter Cable

Follow the steps below:

1. Turn the TV off.
  2. Turn on the iPad mobile digital device.

NOTE: If using the iPad Dock, make sure the iPad mobile digital device is connected securely and that the dock is turned on.

3. Connect the iPad mobile digital device or dock to the an available input on the TV.
  4. Turn on the TV.
  5. Select the proper input by pressing the Input or TV/Video button.

If a signal is still not appearing on the TV, the following adjustments should be made on the iPad mobile digital device.

NOTE: For additional information regarding these settings, refer to the operations guide supplied with the iPad mobile digital device or visit the Apple website at http://www.apple.com.

• Set the TV signal menu to NTSC.
  • Set the appropriate widescreen setting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You have not replied to my question
I can't get the HDMI to show up on TV it is greyed out

How can I get it on Sony Bravia NOW
I replied to your question 08/01/2014 at 20:24 (19 minutes and 26 seconds later).
We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Unfortunately, the rating you gave goes on my personal record and affects my customer service score and my job. . . I am doing my very best to help you. I would appreciate not getting a negative review as this reflects my service to you, is there something else I can do?
.
.

• Apple Component AV Cable

• Apple HDMI Adapter Cable

Follow the steps below:

1. Turn the TV off.

4. Turn on the TV.

• Set the TV signal menu to NTSC.