*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

my xbox wont let me play a dvd. it starts to pay and then says

Customer Question

my xbox wont let me play a dvd. it starts to pay and then says a required storage device has been removed, your console will now restart...please help!!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.

Hi Gregg,

My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Please try this, reset your system cache >to do this go to Xbox Home Icon> System > Storage > Highlight the Device > Press Y > Clear System Cache -> Then restart your console. Then try the DVD. .

Please let me know if this does not work and we will continue troubleshooting this issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

highlight device? which device?

1. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.
  2. Follow these steps please> Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage or Memory.
  1. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  2. Select Clear System Cache.
  1. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we tried that. it comes up "please reinsert memory unit"

When you are watching dvds, the disc has to buffer most of the info. Microsofts XBOX operating system use a lot of your virtual memory. Try checking the RAM, you may need to delete some files from games that you no longer play.
  1. From Xbox Home, go to settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage.
  3. Select the storage device that contains the content you want to copy, move, or delete:
    • Hard Drive: Your console’s hard drive.
    • Cloud Saved Games: Storage space on our Xbox Live servers. For more information, see Store your saved games in the cloud.
    • USB Storage Device: A USB storage device, such as a USB flash drive plugged into your console. To learn more about USB flash drives, see USB flash drive support for Xbox 360.
    • Memory Unit: A memory unit plugged into your original Xbox 360 console.
  4. Select the type of content that you want to copy, move, or delete:
  1. Within the content type that you selected, click to select the item that you want to copy, move, or delete. To move multiple items at once, see "Copy or move multiple items using the Transfer Content option."
  2. Select Copy, Move, or Delete.
    • If you're copying or moving content: Select the storage device that you want to copy or move the item or items to.
    • Note After you've copied or moved the content from your console to a storage device, it's okay to repeat this step but instead select Delete to delete the content.

• If you're deleting content: Click Yes to confirm the deletion