Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

My Pioneer receiver SCLX 82 wont power up manually or by the

Customer Question

My Pioneer receiver SCLX 82 won't power up manually or by the remote. THe advanced MCACC light flashes continually. How do I get it to respond?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is Carl and I will be assisting you today.

This indicates that it's in protection mode. Disconnect everything from the back of it and try to power it on again. Does it work now? If so, plug in one device / speaker at a time until it cuts out. That will indicate the faulty device.

If it still doesn't turn on with everything removed, the Audio Output Amplifier circuit is probabaly shorted and will have to be repaired. Normally I find that one or more of the Mosfets short on the Final Amplification Circuit. This will require a trained Pioneer Technician to fix as these are really complex systems and will cost between $100-$150 USD to fix. I'm not exactly sure what that is in pounds over in the UK. Contacting an authorized repair facility using that knowledge (Shorted Output Fets) should get you an estimated price.

I hope this helps.

~Carl L