Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

My Samsung Galaxy S2 turns on but the screen stays black. How

My Samsung Galaxy S2 turns on but the screen stays black. How can this be fixed ? I haven't dropped or damaged the phone
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

If you place the phone up to a light, can you see a faint image on it's screen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. Its completely Black. If I swipe the screen it sometimes vibrates

If vibrates then it has to be the LCD Screen. There is a little Input / Output (I/O) Board on the LCD that controls the picture and backlight. Whenever it goes bad due to age, heat, etc. it will prevent the LCD from coming on. The only way to fix that is by replacing the LCD unfortunately. I can help you locate a step by step tutorial on how to take it apart and where to purchase a new screen if you're interested in replacing the LCD yourself.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it any easy task to replace the screen and how much would it cost ?

I will be honest with you, it is tricky and you have to be extremely careful because there are some sensitive parts in there. If you look under the battery and provide me with the exact model number, I can provide you with the information and let you decide if it;s a task that you would want to take on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

GT-19100

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Carl,

I don't think I want to be doing that myself.

How much would it cost to have it done for me?

If you bring the screen yourself the average rate is about £50 if that. It just depends on the person.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Carl

Thank you for your help. I think I would rather put the money to a new phone.

You're welcome Paul and I completely understand.