Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Reference Panasonic TZ3 My panasonic tz3 which I have not

Reference Panasonic TZ3

My panasonic tz3 which I have not used for a while now refuses to take pictures.Everything else seems to be quite ok.
Switch it to 'camera' all the details come up, but no picture in the view finder!
Hi there,

Can you try taking a few pictures and let me know if they are viewable on a computer?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, Have taken pictures but nothing showing on computer, just a black square!

Hi Alan,
Unfortunately that indicates that the digital image sensor inside the camera has failed, since it is taking a completely black picture.
The sensor will need to be replaced to restore the camera to working order. If the camera is less than two years old then this will be covered by warranty.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Pete, Thanks for the answer to my camera problem. It's a shame the sensor is duff!. Guess it will not be worth the cost of that kind of repair! Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the rating!

You can actually get these sensors on eBay for as little as £9.99:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QZO-Lens-CCD-Unit-Image-Sensors-Repair-Assembly-Part-for-Panasonic-DMC-TZ3-/141129441070

The tricky bit is getting the camera disassembled and fitting the sensor...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the info re sensors. £9.99 spent on ebay is, I think, worth a gamble, so I might just give it a go!

All the best

Alan