Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung Plasma television 50 inch

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Plasma television 50 inch,about 3 years old,we are experiencing so much vibration that with some programs it is impossible to hear the words.I have tried adjusting the audio variations but it has made no improvement.This does not happen on all programs, Thank you Eric XXXXX

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get the model number written on back of TV?
- Does TV give similar sound issue if connect and playback DVD player?
- Is TV hooked to any satellite box for TV channels or air antenna plugs in for air channels?
- Does picture affect while sound goes bad?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately the TV is wall mounted,the picture is never affected when the vibration occurs.The TV is connected only to XXXXX have no DVD player.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TV is wall mounted so unable to see model and serial number.

The picture is not affected when vibration occurs

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Eric for the reply.

Since TV doesn't give sound problem on all channels so I hope it would give normal sound on DVD as well and problem seems coming from Sky Box which is signal source for TV channels to this TV and providing distorted sound signal on certain channels.

Have you tired to unplug Sky Box power cord from wall socket for 5 minutes to reset it, replug and check sound?

If it still doesn't help then I would request to connect DVD to TV for sound check, then call your cable service provider to get replacement Sky Box that would resolve the issue. TV seems fine and has no issue because it gives normal sound on other channels/ programs.

Please post back how unplug - replug worked.
Regards,

Shahid.