Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

sony kdl-40v2000 screen went blank. cant seem to turn it on

Customer Question

sony kdl-40v2000 screen went blank. cant seem to turn it on the red led is flashing continiously
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- There would be 3 second pause between red light flashing, please count how many times red light flashes between pause to pause, for example; 4 blinks, pauses and repeats and post the info here to diagnose the problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
4 blinks between poses
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, be right back.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Celal,

- Are you planning to repair this TV personally or want diagnosis and approx repair cost info?
- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am hoping to repair it my self. I am electronics engineer. The problem started to day. The tv is about 8 years old
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.

4 times flashing red light indicates problem with back light and mostly back light inverter board becomes defective, please check left side of rear of display panel (screen) for back light inverter board that would be covered with shield, it gets voltage from pwoer supply board and produce high voltage for CCFLs inside display panel that generate light.
Please search/ goolge the inverter board with part number written on it to find replacement board.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it left side looking from back. And do you know of any identifying marks. May be a picture of the board. I hve not ops the back yet but it would be useful to have an idea of what I looking for
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Please check following links to view inverter board in this TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-789-500-33-backlight-inverter.htm

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-kls-400w2-backlight-inverter.htm

This board would be under shield on left side of back of display panel.
Hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.