Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Sony box which my signal comes through. It seems ok.

Customer Question

I have a Sony box which my signal comes through. It seems ok. but I cant get picture on TV, it comes up poor signal. Have had a lot of crackling in TV prior to this
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there!
It sounds like the reception has got bad...
this could be caused by a misaligned aerial, bad aerial wiring, or a loose connection.

If you have a rooftop aerial, check that it has not blown over or shifted, even slightly, resulting in the signal loss.

Check the end of the aerial cable that goes into the Sony box - it should be tightly connected, with no frayed ends showing. The patch cord that connects the Sony box to the TV should also be firmly connected at both ends.

If you have a signal booster connected, check that it is turned on. If you don't have a signal booster you may want to consider getting one.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Christine!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance?

Let me know,

Pete.