KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

Hi i have a panasonic plasma tv model no: TH-37PX600B and it

Hi i have a panasonic plasma tv model no: TH-37PX600B and it has developed this problem which is a thin line has appeared vertically from top to bottom about 30cm from the right hand side of the tv as you look at it, could this mean the screen needs replacing or some circuit board? the tv is now 8 years old.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

What all is connected to the TV ? Do you see same thin line with DVD etc as well ?

Customer:

Hi a sky box and a dvd player is connected and yes the line is there with dvd as well, it is a black line when you have a blue background or a purple line when normal pictures are showing !

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, sorry I think we got disconnected...I missed your previous response...can you please copy and paste that here again

Customer:

Hi a sky box and a dvd player is connected and yes the line is there with dvd as well, it is a black line when you have a blue background or a purple line when normal pictures are showing!

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

when you turn it on do you hear a clicking or a popping noise from the back of the unit ?

Customer:

No

KevinWhiteJA :

any blinking lights on the front ?

Customer:

No

KevinWhiteJA :

Unfortunately I do not have a good news...from what you have described the problem seems to be with the bad plasma panel (screen), to replace the panel will cost a lot...you can contact the manufacturer to check the price

Customer:

Ok thanks!

KevinWhiteJA :

are you willing to repair it yourself ?

Customer:

No not if it needs a new screen, i would have easily replaced a circuit board myself if it had been that was the problem!

KevinWhiteJA :

I understand....If you do decide to get another set please make sure you get as much extended warranty as you can 4 or 5 years...just a recommendation...You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

No, yes i did have a 5 year warranty with this tv but it ran out in 2011! Thanks again. Will this be a one off payment for your advice?

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, yes.. I believe it will be one time only....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

Customer:

Ok you too!