KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

Hi I have a loewe TV when I turn the power but tun on it goes

Hi I have a loewe TV when I turn the power but tun on it goes to stand by after about 20 mins of pressing the remote for a channel it will come on can you tell me what's the matter. ,Bill
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi Bill

KevinWhiteJA :

welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

Customer: Spheres R 32 Dr and it's about 8 to 10 years old also the screen looks like smoke inside when it's turned off
KevinWhiteJA :

do you see any blinking lights ?

Customer: When remote is pressed red light blinks
KevinWhiteJA :

can you tell me how many times does it blink ?

Customer: When pressed it blinks continues
KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

The problem seems to be with the power board

KevinWhiteJA :

it seems that a part on the board has gone bad and needs replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

are you willing to repair it yourself ?

KevinWhiteJA :

if yes then we will have to take the back off and check the main power board first

Customer: Not really but I might be able to get some one to do it or will it be better for an agent t do it /// do you think it will be worth repairing with the smoke on the screen as we'll
KevinWhiteJA :

basically the power board should be checked first...looking at the age of the unit if the repair will cost a lot then it will be better to buy a new one..If you do decide to get another set please make sure you get as much extended warranty as you can 4 or 5 years...just a recommendation

Customer: Ok Kevin thanks for your help do you have a contact email Yours Bill Wright
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome Bill....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer: No thanks that's all for to day....how do I contact you at a later date.
KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link to contact me for further assistance.....Please kindly remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied. Thanks

Customer: Thanks a lot all the best Bill Wright. UK