Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Delonghi Dante 1 wall mounted heater. Everything works except

Customer Question

Delonghi Dante 1 wall mounted heater. Everything works except when press for double heat on remote control nothing happens.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

If you haven't already done so, try changing the batteries in the remote control in case they are low and the signal is not strong enough.

If that does not help, then there is likely a problem with the electronics control module or one of the connections.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for getting back to me - this is what I have tried so far:-

Changed the battery in the remote (all other remote functions work - e.g. I can switch on, off, vary the background lighting and switch the first heating setting on off) - the only thing that doesn't work is if I press the button for the second heat setting.

I also checked the internal fuse (although I figured nothing would work if that was gone).

I also tried all ten different frequency settings on the remote (only the initial setting works - all of the others do nothing).

I am guessing that either the remote has a fault or that in the heater the receptor has a fault, or the fan/element that is meant to come on extra has a fault (the fan used to get faster/noisier when you pressed that button).

What I can't find anywhere is a circuit diagram or any information about what is inside the heater - or where to get spares from. I could easily try a new remote, a new control board etc. but where do you get them from. The DeLonghi site doesn't even seem to list these heaters.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
You can check if the remote is emitting an infra-red signal by viewing it on a digital screen, e.g. by using a digital camera or a mobile phone with camera function.
When you view the IR emitter on the digital screen, you should see a faint blue/violet light when the buttons are pressed on the remote.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pretty sure this is radio frequency remote, not an IR. There is no IR window on the remote and if you cover it up or stand around the corner, it still operates (IR is line of site and will not work if covered or around the corner).

The red LED on the remote operates when the button is pressed - same as it does when other buttons are pressed.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Ok, the red LED indicates a signal is being emitted too, so the problem must be with the heater itself.
There is very little information publicly available for these heaters, however spares are available direct from Delonghi: http://www.4delonghi.co.uk/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is the website I found - but I cannot find any mention of this fire on there - I will try to give them a ring and see what they say!!!

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Ok, let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Pete.