michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a Kodak ESP 3200 printer and have previously and am

Customer Question

I have a Kodak ESP 3200 printer and have previously and am now encountering serious printing problems, in that the ink seems to dry up mid-print. I use Kodak cartridges purchased via Amazon, and have tried switching off and restarting, and also cleaning the printhead, all to no avail. Can you please help urgently tel. no. XXXXXXXXXXX Thank you.
Jeremy Coltart
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 3 years ago.

michelleclive :

Hi there, I am Michelle, and i am a licensed printer professional, i see you are asking about Kodak printer, i think i can help you. I have an overall 9 years of experience in this area and have helped hundreds of customers in fixing there problems.

michelleclive :

I believe that you are aware if there is any hardware found to to failing or its bad then the problem will remain the same and we cannot fix a hardware problem till the faulty part is replaced or repaired. we will proceed with the troubleshooting steps to identify the cause and will try to fix it if its not a hardware problem.

michelleclive :

Remove the print head and try to clean it with warm running water dry it up and then install the cartridges after installing the print head.

michelleclive :

Full Size Image

michelleclive :

Full Size Image

michelleclive :

let me know if you have any question.

Customer:

I cannot find your answer on my screen.

michelleclive :

ok let me change this chat into question answer mode.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

There must be a chat bug.

you will be able to see the answer now.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry but I am disabled and cannot manage to do work involving two hands. My wife may be able to help, but our book of instructions does not tell us how to access the printhead in order to take it out and wash it

i will attach the manual please refer to page number 35 onwards

click here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not happy with this reply. We are old and disabled and it is too difficult for us to start removing parts from the printer ourselves. If you could just explain how to find and dismantle the printhead without reading through pages of a manual on screen, this would be better.

Thanks,

Jeremy Coltart

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still waiting for a reply to my latest question

if you check my answer i have already posted picture steps at the beginning before posting the manual as well. please scroll above and check the picture steps are given how to remove the print head.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry but I cannot see how to access the pictures or the manual. I am not very good at computers

click on the pictures attached to view how to change the print head.

Full Size Image

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Further to my reply about accessing the pictures, I am going to be out until about 4 pm today, so you have plenty of time to sort something out. You could post hard copies to me at 57 stoneyfield, beenham reading RG75ND.

sure no problem let me know if you have any question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have done as you suggested and we still cannot print anything. I have installed new cartridges, but when we took the printhead out there was black ink everywhere. The new cartridge had obviously leaked and it all washed off before we put it back. The black gauge is now showing three-quarters full. Nothing comes out on the paper when printing from the computer, and when photocopying, it is all grey and blurred. Do hope you have some other ideas...

I am sorry to hear that it has not worked however the print head seems to be badly clogged then expected to be fixed with normal head cleaning.

you can try cleaning the head manually by removing it out from the printer and clean it under warm tap water till the ink residue is totally removed, do not scrub or touch the head while it gets clean under running water let the head dry up and then install it back in the printer.

If the problem still persists the printer head needs a replacement.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think we will have to replace the printer head. Do you stock them or will I have to contact Kodak, or maybe currys/PC World may carry spares?

Please click on the link and you can call the number to order http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Consumer_Products/Inkjet_Products/Replacement_Parts.htm

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then you may provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The telephone number on the link you gave does not work- it starts 1800 which seems strange.

You have been very helpful and I have given you a separate rating in answer to an email.

Jeremy Coltart

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am waiting to hear from you regarding the correct telephone number for us to buy a replacement printer head..(see below)

Thanks,

Jeremy

for kodak part replacement call 1- 800- 421- 6699 let me know if this number works or not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The tel.No. still does not work. Surely it should start 01 or 0800?

Please try 0 870 243 0270
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

got there - thanks so much for your patience and help over the past few days.new printhesd on the way!

Jeremy Coltart

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Printhead now installed and printer working better than ever. Thanks for all your help and patience.

Jeremy Coltart

Thank you for letting me know that its working fine now after the head got replaced. let me know if you have any more question for me i will be happy to assist you further.