KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

I have a 50 inch Samsung Plasma TV which for the last couple

Customer Question

I have a 50 inch Samsung Plasma TV which for the last couple of months has developed a a pink/purple discoloured patch in the middle of the screen width wise and about 3 quarters of the way towards the screen top - the problem is getting worse and is visible when the screen is showing white backgrounds - ie skies etc. The TV is marked as manufactured in Jan 2012 and I purchased new spring 2012.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Sorry to hear about this issue

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

JACUSTOMER-icy080mn- :

It's model number : PS51D550C1KXXU

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry I missed your previous message

KevinWhiteJA :

can you please tell me the model number again...

JACUSTOMER-icy080mn- :

it's model number : PS51D550C1KXXU

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

when you turn it on do you hear any popping/clicking noise from the rear ?

JACUSTOMER-icy080mn- :

No - other than the discoloured area against white backgrounds it appears to be working fine

KevinWhiteJA :

You are right, it seems that this is a common problem with Samsung Plasma's PS models ...usually these units come with 2 to 5 years of warranty...the problem seems to be caused either by a bad voltage or a bad component on the power board

KevinWhiteJA :

if you are looking to repair this yourself then you will have to leave it unplugged for around 2 hrs then remove the rear off the unit and inspect the components

JACUSTOMER-icy080mn- :

No I can't repair myself, on a 2 year old TV with a known problem with that model surely Samsung should repair - under sale of goods act if not the warranty?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes agreed...however, you will have to check with them...I have seen these issues with Plasma TVs

KevinWhiteJA :

Sorry I am facing some connection issues here so keep on disconnecting

KevinWhiteJA :

You can contact Samsung support at 0818 717100

KevinWhiteJA :

to arrange repair

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks