KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

Hi my Panasonic tv was turned off. I looked and it was showing

Customer Question

Hi my Panasonic tv was turned off. I looked and it was showing a green light. I turn it on and off then back on and it flashes green but then the green light stays on but no picture or sound is coming out it also clicks as though it's trying to come on. Can you tell me what the problem could be please thank you.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : Tx-p50c2b
KevinWhiteJA :

Thanks...how old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

and can you count number of flashes or its continuous ?

JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : It does more than 10 flashes and then just shows green then after a bit it flashes red. The remote won't turn it red just flashes green
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, how old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

so it flashes green more than 10 times and then red light is turned and then again starts flashing green ...is that right ?

JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : Yes and even the remote won't change it. The tv just does it it's self. No picture even and no noise
KevinWhiteJA :

still can you please tell me the age of the unit ??

JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : It nearly 2 yrs old
JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : I've tried pressing buttons on the side of the tv also
KevinWhiteJA :

Can you count the blinks ?

KevinWhiteJA :

If it is 10 flashes then the problem is with the main board, if it is less than 10 then the problem can be with something else

JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : About 40 flashes green then stays green and then flashes red 13 times
JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : But when it flashes red it stays flashing red then stops and then flashes red again until I switch it on and of then it flashes green again
KevinWhiteJA :

Yes the flashing red light is telling an error code

JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : Okay how will I be able to get this fixed
KevinWhiteJA :

The problem is with the main board which is also known as the A Board....A board is the one with all of the INPUT Connectors on it, located on the rear panel....you will have to take the rear off the unit and check for any bad components on that board...

KevinWhiteJA :

Check this Image

KevinWhiteJA :

this is the Main board (A Board) that is causing this problem

KevinWhiteJA :

a complete new board will cost around £85

JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : Okay who can I get to fix it and also do you know how much it would cost for repair charges included with laybour
KevinWhiteJA :

You can contact Panasonic support at 0844 844 3899 or you can click here to book a local repair engineer

JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : Okay thank you I will do
KevinWhiteJA :

If you contact the manufacturer just tell that the unit is not too old and they might not charge labor charges

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-1srdwxqr- : Okay yes thank u I will do
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Have a Good Night

KevinWhiteJA :