TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

Neither of the 2 HDMI sockets appear to be working. both were

Customer Question

Neither of the 2 HDMI sockets appear to be working. both were working yesterday and suddenly have stopped? One is connected to a Sky box and the other to a DVD. Have tried both with a new HDMI lead but neither giving a picture. The scart connection is working on both.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

You may simply need to reset the HDMI connections.

To do that, you have to unplug the power cord from the TV, the Skybox and DVD player for 20 minutes. Also, unplug the HDMI cables at one end or the other.

After that time has passed, Plug ONLY the power cords back in and turn the units on. Let them run for about a minute, then Plug one HDMI cable in, then the other so the TV set can recognize the HDMI connection, handshake/communicate with the device, and establish a new connection. I suggest one device at a time, making sure you get picture and sound, then move on to the next device.

If both don't connect...that means the main board in the TV isn't communicating and would require replacement.