TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

I have a smart Samsung tv ,just bought a new computer can

Customer Question

I have a smart Samsung tv ,just bought a new computer can you recommend best site to download allshare to it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/main/supportMain.do

If there is any additional software requirements...I ALWAYS use Samsung's support section, because you can type in your model number or select your model from their list, and get the software that's been designed SPECIFICALLY for your model of TV.

And that's important.

IF you try other models of software on your TV set, you can hurt the TV and end up having to buy another main board for it. By selecting your model number, not one that has the ALLSHARE for all units, you guarantee it works.

That same concept applies to any computer too. I won't go to Dell for HP downloads, and I won't go to Apple for Windows 7 updates or select XP updates for my Win 7 software.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my computer is a dell I want to link it to my smart tv need to know best software to use eg Allshare

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Actually, if you have Windows 7 or later, you just turn on file sharing in your Dell computer and put your Movies/Pictures/Music in your "Public" Folders. They'll appear in the folders on your TV set so you can access them. As for your TV set...access allshare here, like I said --

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it appears when I access all share on tv it finds my latest pc but gives message failed to access device will try tio download from Samsung

thanks pfr

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
That might be because your Dell computer hasn't been set up to SHARE FILES on it yet. That's the first thing you would need to do on it. Set up sharing files and folders. Usually if you right click any files or folders, you'll see a SHARE setting for each one.

The PUBLIC folders may need to be turned on to share, but I'm pretty sure their default setting is share, and that lets you copy/move your files to the folders so your TV can see them and play them.

That's how mine works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks will try also found a sight which allows allshare download

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
Good, hope you enjoy using allshare.