Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Good morning to you! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have recently inherited

Good morning to you! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have recently 'inherited' a Samsung Gt-E1170 from my wife which she bought at an ASDA store here in the UK. The phone was on the Vodafone network, which has recently been bought out(??) by EE, so now I am locked out of the network. I have inserted the new SIM card (took 7 weeks to get one!), and got the unlock codes yesterday, but the first step appears to be that I need a "password" to access the unlocking system. My wife was never given a password, so how do I get hold of one?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul,

When you see the "Network Lock" screen, you just need to unlock the screen and then you will be asked to enter the unlock code.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is the whole point: I can't unlock the screen because I don;t have a password XXXXX and no one seems to be able to sort out the problem short of buying a new phone.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
This password XXXXX XXXXX phone's password, not a network one.
If your wife never set one up, try leaving it blank.