Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Hi my mum has a Polaroid 20" TV TLU-02041B with built in Freeview

Customer Question

Hi my mum has a Polaroid 20" TV TLU-02041B with built in Freeview that has worked perfectly since 2007/8 until recent weeks when on two channels (ITV1 on channel 3 and Channel 4 on channel 4) the subtitles don't appear until you move to another channel, then back to the faulty channel, then switch TV off and on a few times.
This still happens with an attenuator between the aerial (external aerial) coax and the TV, and also if I plug an indoor aerial to the set. Picture quality is fine, subtitles appear on other channels with no difficulty - perhaps a little slow - but I can't remember if it has always been like that.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

When subtitles are missing or not showing correctly, this is usually resolved by a retune - the problem is usually caused when the channels have moved to different multiplexes but the TV has not been retuned accordingly.

Hope that helps,

Pete.