Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Have bought a Samsung Bluray/dvd player Model BD5100/XU My

Have bought a Samsung Bluray/dvd player Model BD5100/XU
My Samsung TV ModelLE32T51BX/XEC type TR32EO
I need to buy/get a audio cable which has a coaxial end to fit the audio out on the Bluray/dvd player and the other end which has the standard red white plugs to fit the audio in on the tv.
The connecting cable supplied with the TV has a HDMI end which fits the Bluray/dvd player and a DVI connection which fits the TV.
I have picture but no sound and realised I need a separate Audio cable, which is fine in itself but I cannot find anywhere a cable with the correct configuration.
Please advise
thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- This DVD player already has standard audio out RCA jacks marked as Audio L-R and similar to audio in jacks on TV, have you tried to connect regular audio cable having standard red-white RCA pins for audio connection between DVD and TV?
- Why you want to connect coaxial audio to TV?

Please provide me the info to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are no rca sockets on this bluray/dvd player the only outlets are

one for a HDMI

one for a LAN

and one for a COAXIAL

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Just to be clear, is it Samsung BD-D5100 bluray player or different one?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry BDF5100

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
ah OK Geoff, above answer is for Samsung BD-D5100 bluray playe, sorry for confusion.

Coaxial Audio signal is digital format and we can not connect it in regular Audio In which is analog audio input.
We need to convert coaxial audio signal into analog format then connect it in regular RCA audio input of TV and this can be done by using a device calls 'digital coaxial to analog audio converter' which will get coaxial audio signal from bluray player, coverert it in analog left-right audio signal that we will send to TV to get bluray sound.

Different brands of digital coaxial to analog audio converter box are available at amazon.co.uk, please check following link for one and other link for coaxial audio cable..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Analog-Audio-Converter-Optical/dp/B0068IPE40/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391963366&sr=8-2&keywords=digital+coaxial+to+analog+audio+converter

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Coaxial-Digital-Audio-Cable/dp/B008EMA7JA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391963424&sr=8-3&keywords=coaxial+audio+cable

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.